Connected Equipment Assurance
Many V7 products come with a V7 Connected Equipment Assurance. The Connected Equipment Assurancethat came with the product when you purchased it controls whether or not you are entitled to coverage. The following should assist you in determining if any damage suffered by equipment connected to a V7 device is covered.
To determine if you are qualified, ask yourself the following questions:
- Did you purchase a V7 device covered by V7 Connected Equipment Assurance; (we refer to the V7 device as the “V7 Product” from here on)?
- Were you the initial purchaser of the V7 Product and the owner of the V7 Product at the time of the failure?
- Did you register the V7 Product or do you have other proof of purchase such as a copy of the receipt?
- Is the V7 Product within the coverage period?
- Did you have equipment directly plugged into a V7 Product when a Power Disturbance passed through the V7V7 Product?
- Did the Power Disturbance exhaust the protection capacity of the V7 Product or damage the V7 Product?
- Had the V7 Product been altered?
- Was the Connected Equipment damaged due to a failure of the V7 Product?
- Was the Connected Equipment properly connected to the V7 Product and were the V7 Product and the Connected Equipment connected to properly wired and grounded outlets
- Did you provide a suitable and proper environment for use and installation of the V7 Product and Connected Equipment?
- Did you properly install and operate the V7 Product and Connected equipment in accordance with their owner’s manuals?
- Did you operate the V7 Product at all times within the limitations on the V7 Product’s VA capacity as stated in this User Manual?
There are exclusions to the Connected Equipment Assurance. Some of these are:
- The Connected Equipment Assurance is not "first Dollar " coverage. V7’s obligation is reduced by any amount you are entitled to recover from other sources including insurance, other warranty coverage, or extended warranty coverage even if you do not make a claim for recovery from that other source.
- The Connected Equipment Assurance does not cover damage to Connected Equipment or apply if the V7 Product has been operated in a failure mode or not in compliance with V7 operating instructions and manuals, or if the Connected Equipment has been operated in a failure mode or not in compliance with the instructions and manuals of its manufacturer/vendor.
- Damage to data, records, or software is not covered.
- Damage from causes other than AC Power Line Transients, spikes, or surges on properly installed, grounded and code-compliant 230 volt power lines in the Europe and code-compliant 120 volt power lines in USA; transients, surges or spikes on standard telephone land lines, Ethernet network lines, or coaxial cable lines when properly installed and connected.
- Damages from fire, flood, wind, rain, rising water, leakage or breakage of plumbing, abuse, misuse or alteration of either the product or the Connected Equipment.
- Liability for personal injury or consequential damages. It does not cover loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, or data. This exclusion applies even though damage or loss is caused by negligence or other fault.
Making a Connected Equipment Assurance Claim
To make a Warranty claim for damage to Connected Equipment under the Assurance, you must do the following:
- Provide reasonable proof of purchase, for example, a sales receipt that establishes you as the original end-user of the Product.
- Email to
V7 at firstname.lastname@example.org within ten (10) days of the date of the event for which you wish to make a claim for warranty service.
- When you contact V7, identify the Product, the Purchase Date, and the item(s) of Connected Equipment. Have information on all applicable insurance or other resources of recovery/payment that are available to the Initial Customer and the name of the power utility supplier for the location of the Connected Equipment and Request a Claim Number.
- Pack and ship the V7 Product to V7 and, if requested, the item(s) of Connected Equipment, a repair cost estimate for the damage to the Connected Equipment, and all claim forms that V7 provides to you. Show the Claim number on the shipping label or include it with the V7 Product. Initial Customer shall prepay all shipping costs, must pay the cost of the repair estimate and is responsible for packaging and shipment.
- The Connected Equipment Protection Policy in this website is applicable only in countries of the European Union, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Norway and United States of America where the V7 Product is distributed and was bought by original purchaser.
- V7 reserves the right of determining the Connected Equipment Assurance Claim.